Monday, June 11, 2007

Going to the dentist

  There's probably no one better positioned to spot toupees than a dentist!  Also, whenever I go to the dentist, I fret about having it fall off.  After all, you're tilted almost upside down, sometimes perspiring as the malevolent dentist inflicts pain on your mouth.  I'm always very careful to put fresh new tape on before a dentist visit.  Every time the dentist turns away for a minute, I quickly press it down hard, just in case the tape is weakening.

  This isn't leading up to an embarrassing story, just reflections caused my my recent visit to the dentist.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what would you say to a 49 year old that is thinking of buying a toupee?

I will be in Florida in September, and am thinking of driving down to Cape Coral to "take the plunge".

Your journal has been amazing!

Anonymous said...

To Steve 4340:
 Thanks so much for your comment.  So few people post that I get discouraged sometimes.  Comments like yours keep me going.
 To answer your question, maybe 49 is a much more healthy age to buy a toupee than my 23 was.  Maybe you're past those  insecure years of early adulthood where the slightest look or raised eyebrow (or giggle) can destroy you!  
  If you to go to Cape Coral, to the www.discounthairpiece.com place, you'll get a fully satisfactory hairpiece.  Be aware that you might get spotted from time to time, and if you can live with that, you'll have no problem.  If you don't ever want to get spotted, you can find places that for several thousand dollars will get you a piece that is probably undetectable.
  Watch for me online and we can chat more.  Good luck.